Saturday, November 21, 2015

Day 2

It feels really weird to be blogging from a hospital.
 However, I am thankful that I am feeling well enough to sit up and blog. I told everyone that I came in contact with yesterday that I did NOT want to be drugged out of my mind the whole time that I was here. I've mostly had Tylenol, but I've also had a couple doses of Dilauded. Of course, those knocked me out immediately. I finally got to put my own clothes on, and brush my teeth. I feel like a whole new person. 
The pain is tolerable. I had a pretty rough night last night, between the pain and the nurses coming in every four hours to take blood and check vitals. I ended up needing some Dilauded which put me straight to sleep. I got up this morning and walked the hospital, I swear that walking has become my best friend. It helps alleviate the gas pain. The gas pain is the worst part. During a laparoscopic procedure, they expand your stomach with gas in order to get your organs off of each other so that they can work easier. It feels like trapped gas in my chest, and it hurts oh so bad. But walking fixes everything. Ha.
I can't start working out hardcore until 6 weeks out. That kind of upsets me because I'm ready to start working out, but I don't want to cause a hernia. So I'll just stick with walking for now.
I found out yesterday that I lost 15 pounds on my liver shrink diet!! So, that was exciting. I woke up this morning, and I'm pretty sure that I've lost more since the procedure yesterday. 
A lot of people keep asking me why I decided to have the procedure before Thanksgiving. The truth is, I didn't even realize it was right before Thanksgiving, until like a week after it was scheduled. That being said, I was ready for this change. I knew that I wanted to be completely healed up by my birthday in January, and I wanted to start losing weight by Christmas, so it all worked out. No, I won't be able to eat solids on Thanksgiving, but I will be able to travel to be with my family on Thanksgiving, and I am very excited about that. I will also be able to shop that weekend, so needless to say, I don't think I will be missing out on the food.
 I'll be strictly on liquids until two weeks out, and I will slowly start reintroducing some thicker foods and solids into my diet. I will be able to eat anything that I want (within reason) at 6 weeks out.  I will also be able to shop that weekend, so needless to say, I don't think I will be missing out on the food. I have mentally prepared myself well for this new season of my life, and I am glad to know that it will all be worth it.
 I'm so sorry that this post is all over the place. There was no one topic that I was interested in writing about. I just wanted to let you guys know that I am doing well, with minimal pain. Please continue to pray for a quick healing and smooth recovery. Thanks guys!


-Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment