Monday, November 2, 2015

Change, Change, Change.

Change is inevitable. Change is constant. -Benjamin Disraeli

So, it’s official. My entire life is changing. The change began with the approval of my weight loss surgery, and continued to make its way into my educational life. From there, I’ve been hired on at an animal hospital! I am so stoked! I can’t tell you how excited I am to have my entire life changed in the course of three weeks. It has definitely kept me on my toes. Want to know something funny? Since the beginning of these changes, I haven’t taken one anxiety pill. Not one. It’s crazy, because a lot of people say that with chaos comes heightened anxiety. Believe me, my life is definitely chaotic. But when I decided to make myself happy, and stop doing what everyone else wanted me to do, I didn’t feel so anxious all the time. I feel free for the first time in a long time. It’s nice. It really is.

So, now with updates about my surgery. I had a follow up appointment with The West Clinic about my blood work. Dr. Weaver sent me to Dr. Somers to make sure that I didn’t have any blood clotting disorders. I went this afternoon and found that my blood work came back completely normal. Yay! Now I can proceed with the steps to my surgery. The next step is the liver shrink diet. You have to be on this diet for some time before the surgery, and you have to follow it strictly. The point of the diet is that removes the fat that has built up around the liver, so that it is easier to maneuver the arms of the machine so that they can perform the surgery successfully. So, that means that I’ll be eating nothing but protein bars, and eating nothing but protein shakes. Delicious. I’m pretty excited about it, actually. A lot of people say that this diet jump starts weight loss. The average person loses 20-30 pounds in this time span. I’ll start preparing the stuff for that diet tomorrow. I have one more appointment before I have my surgery, but the appointment is later this month.

Sadly, tomorrow will be day one without sodas. Nothing but water for the next several months. If you know me at all, you know that this is probably going to be the hardest part of the journey for me. I drink Dr. Pepper like it is going out of style. So, there’s that. Me and crystal light are about to become best friends forever.

A lot of people have asked me about before pictures, and how often I would be taking pictures to show progress. Before, during, and after pictures are something that I was interested in for myself. But a lot of you have voiced your interest in them. So this is me asking all of you if you would like to see before, during and after pictures. They will not be half naked pictures where I expose myself to the world, because I’m a classy girl and that’s just not my thang, ya feel me? If you are interested in the pictures, just comment on my Facebook post of today’s blog and let me know how often you’d want picture updates (every month, three months, etc).

I am getting pretty close to my surgery date, guys. I’m both excited and nervous, and I am asking for prayers. Not only prayers to calm my nerves, but also prayers that God will guide the doctor’s hands. Thanks for following me in this journey. There’s more to me than you know.


                                                                 -Bypass Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment